Wednesday, September 10, 2003

Barnes & Noble.com drops e-books

ZDNet.com reports Barnes&Noble.com has discontinued sales of e-books. Customers using Microsoft's eBook reader have until Dec. 9 to access downloads purchased from the store, while Adobe Reader customers have 90 days to retrieve any outstanding files, according to a notice posted on the site Tuesday. Meanwhile thousands of e-book titles were listed as unavailable. "B&N.com no longer sells eBooks," the statement noted.

I have downloaded one or two e-books, and I must admit I did not enjoy the reading experience. In fact, I could not bring myself to finish two of the books, and I paid full-price for them. The e-book format is great for reading in short spurts of 10 or 15 minutes--great for reference books, but not so great for novels. I greatly enjoy having the Bible on my PDA. Zipping to a particular verse has never been easier. I downloaded the Pocket PC version of the Modern King James Bible, which you can find at Olive Tree Bible Software.

1 comment:

ghkj said...

Joy in warcraft leveling living comes wow lvl from having wow lvl fine emotions,wow power level trusting them,power leveling giving them power leveling the freedom of wrath of the lich king power leveling a bird in the open.wlk power leveling Joy in living can age of conan gold never be assumed as a pose,or put on from guildwars gold the outside as a mask. People who have this joy don not need maple story mesos to talk about it; they radiate it. wow gold They just live out their joy and let wow power leveling it splash its sunlight and glow into other lives as naturally as bird sings.